Panang Curry Recipe
cooking kit size:
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Panang Curry cooking sauce
- 400 ml coconut milk (Aroy-D brand)
- 2-3 red bell pepper
- a handful of sweet peppers (if available)
- 200 gram green beans
- about 10 medium-sized kaffir lime leafs
- 2 cup Thai Jasmine rice (makes 4 cups cooked)
- Thai chilis (optional)
you simply add:
your choice of (2-2½ cups) protein
- chicken thighs
- start to prepare rice
- prepare 2-2½ cups of chopped/sliced meat (if cooking veg. use 3-4 cups veg./tofu)
- prepare 1½ cups of potable water or your favorite broth
- thinly slice Red bell pepper and Sweet peppers
- cut green beans into ~ 1-2 inches long
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- Bring pot to stove on [medium-low] heat, add just ½ the can of coconut milk.
- When the coconut milk starts bubbling — add SimpliThai Panang Curry cooking sauce, keep stirring for 2 min.
- Add the meat and stir, let it cook for 5-10 min. (or until meat is half-cooked).
- Add the water, add the rest of the coconut milk, stir. Turn heat to [medium-high] to bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat back down to [medium-low], let it simmer for 10-15 min. (or until a satisfactory meat texture is achieved).
- Add sliced red bell pepper, sliced sweet peppers, green beans, sliced lime leaf, & (optional) Thai chili, let cook 1-2 min.
- Stir; turn off stove.
Serve with rice.