Kao Soi (Egg noodles Curry)
cooking kit size:
cooking kit includes:
bag 1 of 2
- SimpliThai Kao Soi Curry cooking sauce
- 400 ml. coconut milk (Aroy-D)
- a handful of shallots
- 5 tbsp. fried onions
- some crispy egg noodles (fried in organic non-GMO coconut oil)
- home-made chili oil (organic non-GMO coconut oil, Thai chilis)
bag 2 of 2
- ~2 cups fresh egg noodles
- ~10 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 lime
you simply add:
your choice (3 cups) of protein
- chicken thighs
- prepare 3 cups of chopped/sliced meat (or protein substitute)
- prepare 2 cups of potable water or your favorite broth (for cooking curry)
- also prepare another 4-5 cups of potable water (for cooking noodles)
- peel and dice shallots
- rinse & mince cilantro
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- Bring big (4qt+) pot to stove on [low] heat, add just ½ the can of coconut milk.
- When the coconut milk starts bubbling — add SimpliThai Kao Soi Curry Sauce. Keep stirring for ~2-3 min.
- Add meat to the pot, increase heat to [medium], stir, cook for 10 min.
- Then add the rest of the coconut milk, add the 2 cups of water.
- When the curry boils, reduce heat to [low], add more water to taste.
- In a separate pot, add the 4-5 cups of water, bring to a stovetop on [high] heat.
- When the water boils, spread the fresh egg noodles shaking the flour off & add to boiling water. Let cook for 2-3 min. or until noodles are cooked to your preference.
- Strain cooked noodles and rinse with cold water to prevent noodles stick together.
- Serving — divide cooked noodle in bowls, cover with curry.
- Top with crispy noodles, chopped shallots, cilantro, fried onions.
(Lime & chili-oil are optional.)