Pad Kee Mao Recipe (Drunken noodle stir fry)
cooking kit size:
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Stir-fry cooking sauce (60 ml.)
- 200g flat rice noodles or XL vermicelli noodles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 150-200 g of green beans
- 1 yellow onion
- 4-5 sprigs of Thai basil
- ~2-5 cloves garlic
- Thai chilis, optional
you simply add:
your choice of (1 cup chopped) protein
- chicken breast
- Cook noodles; add 4-5 cups of potable water to a medium-sized pot, bring to stove on high heat. Add noodles. Once boiling, let cook for 10-15 min. (or until desired texture is reached), stirring occasionally. Rinse with cold water and put aside.
- prepare ¼ cup potable water or your favorite broth (for cooking stir-fry)
- pick basil leaves from the stem, throw away the stems
- chop bell pepper , green beans & onion to bite-sized pieces
- chop/mince garlic
- prepare your protein choice (if meat: chop to bite-size, you may also use 2 eggs as a protein choice)
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- To a stovetop on [medium-high] heat bring a non-stick pan, add ½-1 tbsp cooking oil, then minced garlic and (optional) Thai chili.
- When the garlic turns a golden-brown, add meat/protein choice, stir.
- Let cook for ~5 min. or until meat is half-cooked, at this point add in ½ the SimpliThai Stir-fry Sauce, stir well, add ¼ cups water, stir, and let meat cook.
- When meat is cooked, add onion, red bell peppers, green beans and noodles.
- Stir everything together, add more SimpliThai Stir-fry Sauce to taste.
- Let it cook for 5 min. or until water reduces and then stir in Thai basil, turn off the stove. And serve.