Pad See You Recipe
cooking kit size: 3 servings
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Seasoning sauce
- 30 ml. (2 tbsp.) black soy sauce
- 1 lb. Chinese kale
- 200g flat rice noodles
- ~4 cloves garlic
- a pinch of ground white peppercorns (black pepper can be substituted)
- Thai chili-vinegar sauce (30 ml. vinegar + 2 chopped Thai chilis)
you simply add: your choice of (~300g) protein & 2 eggs
- pork (especially shoulder cut)
- chicken breast
- 2 eggs (or more)
- chop/slice ½-1 cup of meat or protein substitute
- 4 cups potable water or your favorite broth (for cooking noodles)
- another ¼ cup potable water or your favorite broth (for cooking stir-fry)
- mince garlic
- crush/grind white peppercorns
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- Chinese kale: separate/rip leaves from stalk then chop the leaves to bite-size...for the stems, peel the skin off then slice thinly at a diagonal and soak in cold water
- prepare noodles
- to a stovetop on [high] heat bring a [medium-large] size pot with the 4 cups of water
- bring to a boil, stirring noodles occasionally
- cook noodles until soft (~10-15 min.) Then rinse with cold water, drain completely.
- To a stovetop on [medium-high] heat bring a non-stick pan, add ½-1 tbsp cooking oil, then add half of the garlic.
- When the garlic turns a golden-brown, add noodles.
- Stir and let it cook for 2-3 min., then add black soy sauce, mix well. Let it cook as the noodles need to crisp/burn a little bit to get the burnt black soy sauce flavor.
- Move the noodles to one side of the pan, crack 2-3 eggs in the free space of the pan, scramble them, let the eggs cook for a bit
- Stir, mixing the eggs in with the noodles. Set noodles and eggs aside on a plate.
- In the (now empty) pan, add 1-3 tsp cooking oil, add the remaining half of the garlic, add the (optional) Thai chili.
- When the garlic turns a golden-brown, add meat, stir.
- Let cook for ~5 min. or until meat is half-cooked, at this point add in ½ the SimpliThai Seasoning sauce, stir well, add ¼ cup water, stir, and let meat cook.
- When meat is cooked, add Chinese kale, stir, then add noodles.
- Stir everything together, taste it, add more seasoning sauce to taste
- Let it cook for a few more minutes and then turn off the stove.
Sprinkle on the white pepper to taste. Serve with Thai chili-vinegar as a condiment.